Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small white onion, diced
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha
- 1 (8-ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 head ice berg lettuce
Add olive oil and ground chicken to a large non-stick skillet. Cook and crumble over medium-high heat until browned. Drain any fat.
Stir in garlic, onion, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, ginger and Sriracha until onions have become translucent, about 1-2 minutes. Stir in chestnuts and green onions until tender, about 1-2 minutes; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Spoon several tablespoons of the chicken mixture into the center of a lettuce leaf. Serve immediately and enjoy!