Smothered Hatch Green Chile Chicken
- 8(3-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 1tablespoonfresh lime juice (about 1/2 lime)
- 3tablespoonsreduced-sodium taco seasoning
- 8 whole hatch green chiles, drained
- 1/2cup(2 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese (I Used Colby, Jack Cheese)
Preheat oven to 400°.
Arrange chicken in an 8-inch square baking dish; squeeze lime juice evenly over chicken. Sprinkle evenly with taco seasoning.
Slice chiles lengthwise, cutting to, but not through, other side; open flat. Place 1 chile over each chicken thigh. (I also added Green Chili Sauce in the pan as well) Cover dish with foil; bake at 400° for 30 minutes. Sprinkle cheese evenly over chiles and chicken; bake, uncovered, an additional 5 minutes or until cheese melts.