Twice Baked Potatoes with Bacon
- 4 russet potatoes, washed
- 2 Tablespoons canola oil
- 1 stick salted butter, at room temperature
- ¾ cup crumbled bacon, fried
- ½ cup sour cream (Plus more for on the side, if you choose)
- 2 Tablespoons Ranch salad dressing & seasoning mix*
- ½ cup Cheddar or Jack cheese (or a mix of both), plus more for topping
- ½ cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoons seasoned salt
- Black Pepper
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
Pierce each potato a few times with a fork. Rub the canola oil on each potato to keep the skin from cracking. Bake for approximately one hour, or until they are all cooked through. Set them aside to cool slightly, and decrease the heat to 350 degrees.
In a large mixing bowl, slice the butter into cubes and drop into the bowl. Mix it with the butter, sour cream, Ranch seasoning and HALF of the bacon. (mmmm… healthy….)
Slice each potato in half, lengthwise. Use a spoon to carefully scoop out the inside of the potato and drop the scoops into the mixing bowl. While scooping, be careful not to get too close to the edge of the potato to keep the shape intact. Lay the hollowed out potatoes, skin side down, on a baking sheet.
Within the mixing bowl, smash together the potatoes, butter, sour cream, ranch, and bacon.
Add in the milk, cheese, seasoned salt, and pepper, and mix until well-combined and of desired consistency.
Fill each potato with the mixture. Top with additional cheese and the other half of bacon.
Bake for about 15-20 minutes, until the cheese is nice and melted and the potato is heated through.